I'll Pray for the Geiser's!

Google Groups
Sign Up for the Prayer Newsletter
Email:
Sign Up

Friday, October 24, 2008

What the girls did...






So, you've seen Christy, AJ and me in California for the past month of blog posts or so... You got to be asking what did the girls do this whole time. Well, as I probably mentioned, my parents took the girls to Ohio with them for the week. The house that my father grew up in has been converted into an organic farm (www.pioneerfarm.net) and the farm was having a festival the weekend that Christy and I headed to California. So, most of my dad's family was headed back to the homeplace for the festival and so my parents went as well.
The first picture is of the Pioneer Farm sign. My grandpa's farm was always called Pioneer Farm and so it's neat to see that the tradition continues even though it's no longer in the family. The area where my dad grew up has a lot of Amish and Mennonite. The second pic shows the girl in a little buggy. The third pic is at Warther's (www.warthers.com). Mr. Warther was a world class wood carver and this third picture is in the button house. Mrs. Warther apparently loved to collect and display buttons. This pic is just one of many displays in the button house. The 4th pic is of a train that Mr. Warther did from ebony and ivory. The story of his wood carving is pretty amazing and I encourage you to check out their site.
So, the girls hung out with Grandpa and Grandma Geiser for the week. They swam a lot and had a blast. It's a memory that they'll have for the rest of their lives. Thanks to my Mom and Dad for helping me out as I surprised Christy with her birthday trip!

No comments: