I'll Pray for the Geiser's!

Google Groups
Sign Up for the Prayer Newsletter
Email:
Sign Up

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Final Thoughts from Anthony James' First Day!

One last picture for you of my Dad and Anthony James!

I sit here as Little Anthony cries as he tries to eat for the second time of his life. He's finding it a little harder to do than he did this afternoon. After a little burp, we'll see how he does.

Overall, the delivery went great and Christy was awesome. Anthony James was coming out and fast once the water was broken around 12:45. Christy was ready to push at 1:00 and probably pushed for about 10 minutes to get him out. Christy knew right away that the boy was bigger than either of our girls by the pain that she was feeling. Tatum weighed 7 lbs, 9 oz and Greta weighed 7 lbs, 8 oz, so AJ weighed in at almost 2 pounds heavier than the girls. 3 strong, hard pushes by Christy and we had ourselves a boy.

The rest of Anthony Junior's day was filled with being held, getting poked and seeing friends and family. Thanks to everyone that stopped by! We appreciate the time you took to say hello and see the little guy. St. John's has been great and they even allowed us to move to a little bit larger and quieter room to spend the rest of our time here. It looks like we'll be heading home on Friday sometime.
And, yes. I am thrilled to be a dad to a little boy. It will be nice to have a little man that's looking to me for direction and who will pattern himself after me. I take that responsibility very seriously and pray for God's help as he becomes a man. I pray that he is a better man than me in every way and I'll do my best to help him along the way.

Anthony James Geiser's middle name is in honor of my father, Harold James Geiser. Christy immediately wanted to name our son after me when we found out we were having a boy - but I have been a little hesitant to do it. We went back and forth for the last few months but finally decided to name him after me and my dad. I hope to be as good of a father to Little Anthony as my dad was to me. My dad is one of the most dependable men I have ever met and one of the most honorable. I am proud to name my son after him.

The rest of our night will hopefully consist of a lot of sleep. Christy has been awake since 2 am after going to bed at 11:30 last night. (I've been up since 2:30, but I didn't do much today except hang around - Christy's been pushing out a baby!) Christy is almost done feeding Tony, and we'll get some rest. Thanks again for your prayers - Christy really feels like she couldn't have done it without you praying for her. Thanks also for caring enough about us to read all my crazy sleep-deprived thoughts. Leave us your comments so that we know that you were here! Feel free to email the news to anyone that knows and cares about us. Thanks again!

P.S. All the nicknames for Anthony were because of Robin's comment earlier today about what we are going to call him. As for now, you can call the little guy "Anthony". We'll see how confusing it gets later on!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I was reading the blog out loud to Ben, when I stopped and said, "I have no idea what their going to call him - Anthony keeps switching it up! Wait a minute....! I think he's messing with me!" That's when I scanned down to the bottom and realized, sure enough, you were giving me a hard time. :) Wow, I miss you.

Tell Christy I'm so very proud of her and wish I could have been there to take pictures.