I'll Pray for the Geiser's!

Google Groups
Sign Up for the Prayer Newsletter
Email:
Sign Up

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Power Out Again!

Just a note to let you know that our power is out again. A limb that fell during the ice storm apparently did more damage to our power line than we knew about. Our lights had been getting brighter and dimmer off and on the last week. If we turned on our microwave, the lights in the kitchen would get really bright while the lights in the living room would grow dim.

I called the power company to let them know that there was a limb on our power line. When I told them about the strobing effect of the lights, they requested that we turn the main breaker off to our house. The limb had broken the "neutral" line of the power line and therefore we have nothing to really regulate the amount of power coming into our house. This could lead to light bulbs burning out to (more expensively) appliances breaking to even an outside chance of a house fire. We knew something was wrong with our electricity, but we figured that it was simply because a limb was resting on the line! An electrician, I am not.

So, we are now staying with my parents. Anthony James doesn't know which house is his at this point considering he been at a hospital (3 days), Christy's parents' house (2 days) and now my parents' house (1 day and counting!). With no word on when they will fix the line, we'll just hang out with my parents until we're all fixed up. Pray that it's soon so that we can start to get our life back to normal! If you need to get a hold of us, call us on our cell phone 417-793-9533 or send us an email. Thanks!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Bummer. We can't run the microwave, our space hearter, the Christmas tree lights, and the TV at the same time. Not because of bad weather, though, but because our apartment is ancient! :) Sending California warmth your way.

Unknown said...

Well, I was hoping I could fulfill that dinner commitment, but it seems you are not home! Well, call me when you move back. I hope for your sake it's by Christmas. You can always come warm at our house!!!