I'll Pray for the Geiser's!

Google Groups
Sign Up for the Prayer Newsletter
Email:
Sign Up

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Girl's Room Pics






As part of our commitment to be a full-service blog to you, our readers, we are posting some pictures of Christy's artwork from the girl's room. We had a request to see pictures of the girls room from Virginia and this post is in response to that request.
I mentioned in an earlier post about the nursery that Christy learned her lesson from the girls room. These pictures illustrate what I mean. When I spent 6 months in Kansas City for my job in 2005, Christy filled her nights with painting the girls a special room that they would be thrilled with.
Every wall of their room is a mural of the Secret Garden. There's a brick wall around the room covered with ivy, a door in the wall complete with a real key, a lake of shining waters and various creatures filling the Garden. I have no idea how may hours are represented in this room, but it took her the whole 6 months to complete it. Nothing was stenciled. It is all painted by free hand. There are a couple of wallpaper bird houses and butterflys, but the rest of the room is simply Christy's creativity. Everyone that enters the room is amazed by what she has done...
Click on the pictures for a closer look!
Luckily, she didn't take that long on the nursery this time. God did give me a wonderfully creative wife and for that I am thankful. I told Christy before I married her that I knew, that by marrying her, I would never have a boring life. 8 years of marriage later, I was right and life with her shows no sign of slowing down! A boy should guarantee that it won't!
FYI, no baby today. We'll continue to keep you posted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've never seen the girls' room. Thanks for sharing. It's fun watching your blog.

ps-I'd like to make a dinner for you'all before or after the baby. I'm sure standing and cooking isn't fun right now. Let me know which you prefer!

pss-The room is amazing. I KNOW I don't have THAT talent. I'm in awe.